SBC PureConsult is the first Citrix services and consultancy company to have worked with Micros Systems Inc. to develop an approved method for delivering the Opera suite of hospitality applications using thin client technology.
Built upon our hospitality and application virtualisation experience, SBC PureConsult has developed a series of best practice designs for deploying Opera applications using Citrix XenApp 6.5, 7.x and Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2/2012 R2 (with Remote Desktop Services).
Several large hospitality customers have engaged SBC PureConsult to create complex deployment designs that complement the structure of the Micros Systems Opera suite of applications. Our customers have already used our designs to deploy OPERA Enterprise Solutions (OES), catering for more than 70+ hotels amongst the UK, and several abroad.
Deploying powerful client server and multi-tier Java based applications in any business environment can involve complex considerations that affect the existing PC estate, network structure and bandwidth availability. For this reason it makes sense to use an alternative application delivery mechanism that supports centralisation and remote access out of the box.
By using Citrix XenApp/XenDesktop the delivery of Micros Systems Opera can be achieved with rapid results and an ease of control which permits delivery to a wide range of devices.
Our Opera and Citrix Integration offering:
- Complete ”Hotel in a box” programme, designed to provide immediate IT functionality to new build hotels, new acquisitions and desktop replacement projects
- Proven Citrix designs for deploying Opera developed by our technical architects
- Delivery consultancy and code enhancements to aid the deployment of Opera
- Optimised printing solutions for enabling compressed printing over secure tunnels and Internet links
- Secure delivery of Opera applications to remote hotel properties
- Automated Windows desktop deployment strategies and Active Directory software package distribution
- Best practice tools for enabling improved Java caching methods on Opera components
- Tuning of Citrix Web Interface hotkeys for use with Opera
We are able to explain in much greater detail all of the benefits of deploying Micros Systems’ Opera Solutions using Citrix once we understand your own hospitality needs. We are always pleased to be able to provide advice to other resellers of Opera solutions and customers who are looking to deploy Opera within their own Citrix environment.\n\nFor information, please contact us with your initial enquiry.